Important changes, corrections or clarifications are in red.
- No factory type shoulder belts or straps can be used. Racing belts are required on shoulders and seat and are not to be more than one (1) year old.
- Snell 90, SA 95 or better helmet recommended.
- Window nets, neck braces & fire suits are mandatory.
- MUST HAVE WORKING FIRE EXTINGUISHER MOUNTED SECURELY. NO WIRE TIES.
- Any American OEM full body rear wheel drive passenger car. 1955 or newer, full frame or unibody car. Frame must match body and body must be OEM mounts in stock location.
- Wheelbase must match car, with no difference in length from side to side.
- Frame must remain unaltered. Frames may be “X” braced.
- Factory floor pan must remain unaltered.
- Camaros and Firebirds allowed. Strut cars allowed. Uni-body cars may tie frames together.
- Trailing arms must match car and remain unaltered.
- Front shocks must be inside of coil springs.
- Frame can be tubed – round or square from center of rear end housing to rear bumper.
- May not alter spring buckets, must remain stock.
- Main cage must consist of continuous hoops. 1.75” O.D. tubing, with a wall thickness of at least. 095” low carbon or mild steel.
- Four post roll cage required, front down bars & rear hoop must be welded to OEM frame. Driver’s head must not protrude outside roll cage with helmet on.
- Rear hoop must have “X” brace. Front down bars must be tied together.
- All door bars and uprights must be min 1.75” x .095” wall thickness.
- Minimum of three door bars on both sides, parallel to ground, & perpendicular to driver. Minimum of four (4) uprights tied from front to top door bar on driver side and minimum of three (3) uprights on passenger side.
- Driver’s side 1/8” thick doorplate is mandatory. Steel only.
- All bodies must be OEM in OEM location & match body.
- NO rear spoilers allowed.
- Hole in hood OK - hood scoops OK.
- Lower side skirting OK.
- You are allowed to skin doors.
- Minimum of three (3) windshield bars in front of driver.
- Aluminum high back racing seat only, bolted to cage. Seat may be no further back than front edge of B-pillar.
- All holes in floor board and fires walls must be covered with sheet metal. No other interior covers allowed. No boxing in of driver’s compartment.
- All components and mounts must be steel, unaltered OEM, in OEM location and match frame.
- OEM rubber A-frame bushing only.
- All components must be steel unaltered OEM, in OEM location and match frame.
- OEM steering column may be replaced with steel steering shafts (collapsible steering shaft recommended) with steel knuckles only.
- No steering quickeners, or remote power steering reservoirs.
- Steering wheel and quick release may be aluminum.
- Power steering pump must be O.E.M.
- No aftermarket steering parts.
- One (1) OEM or OEM replacement shock per wheel. Stock replacement racing shocks are OK.
- All four (4) shocks must be in stock location and stock mountings.
- One steel spring only in OEM stock location.
- NO adjustable shackles.
- All components and mounts must be steel, unaltered, OEM, in OEM location and match frame.
- OEM rubber control arm bushing only.
- No independent rear suspension allowed.
- No pan hard bars, spring rubbers, chains or cables allowed.
- Must be OEM for that car, GM-to-GM & Ford to Ford with the exception below. Must run OEM axles.
- Must weld spider gears or may run mini spool. No torque dividing or limited slip differentials allowed. No aluminum spools allowed.
- 9 inch Ford rear ends allowed.
- NO FLOATERS.
- Bumpers must be approved OEM in OEM location. May have tube bumpers as long as they fit the car to OEM type bumpers.
- Bumpers must be capped on the ends, with NO sharp edges.
TIRES & WHEELS
- IMCA Hoosiers, street tires, or Southwest Speed 8 inch tires OK. G60 Dirt or KK 704 American Racer tire OK. Hoosier 8" asphalt pull offs only, no new tires.
- 8 inch wheels only. No bead lock.
- Wheel spacers allowed. No adapters allowed.
- One-inch OD lug nuts mandatory on all four (4) wheels.
- No bleeder valves.
- Grooving OK.
- Steel, unaltered OEM or unaltered OEM replacement, operative on all 4 wheels.
- Brakes must match car. Master cylinder must be OEM location.
- No antilock brake systems. No aftermarket brake pedal assemblies, brake shut-off, or bias adjusters allowed.
- Steel brake lines only. May drill flanges and rotors to take larger wheel studs.
- OEM cast iron manifolds only. No ram horn type exhaust. No headers. NO AFTERMARKET MANIFOLDS.
- Must run exhaust pipes. No pipe on either side can be any longer than four (4) foot long.
- Exhaust must be under car type and must be secured properly.
FUEL AND FUEL SYSTEM
- Must run OEM mechanical push rod fuel pump only.
a) OEM 4 barrel Rochester Quadra Jet carburetor:May remove choke plate.
b) 2 barrel Holly (4412) with 1-inch adapter to manifold:No modification - stock only.
c) Spread bore Holley carburetors:Must be a single line, single pump, vacuum secondary and must bolt directly to cast iron Quadra Jet intake manifold with 1-inch adapter only (Edelbrock 600) with no modifications.
- Must run fuel cell, with metal container enclosure. 22 gallon maximum.
- Pump gas or racing fuel – No alcohol.
- 3200 lbs. with driver after the race on TSS scales.
- Bolt on weight is OK.
- No lightening of car by any means allowed except the removal of unneeded sheet metal and under hood equipment.
BATTERY AND IGNITION
- One 12-volt car battery only.
- Must be mounted in approved battery box.
- Must run OEM distributor.
TRANSMISSION AND DRIVE SHAFT
- Coolers must be mounted in front of radiator.
- All forward and reverse gears must be operational.
a) Manual:Must be unaltered OEM 3 or 4 speeds, with minimum 10.5” clutch.
i) Hydraulic clutch release bearings are OK.
ii) Steel unaltered flywheel only with minimum weight of 24 lbs and stock type pressure plate. NO altering allowed.
b) Automatic:Must be unaltered OEM, with unaltered pump.
i) Must be in original bell housing, with minimum 10” torque converter and converter must hold minimum of three (3) quarts of fluid.
ii) Must have shield around outside of converter housing. Flex plate must be full, unaltered OEM, or OEM replacement.
- Drive shaft MUST BE PAINTED WHITE and must have a safety chain or driveshaft loop.
- Must have blow-proof bell housing.
- Engine must be OEM location using OEM mounting holes for V8 motor mounts. Motor mounts must be OEM stock.
- Cross member must remain stock and unaltered in the stock location.
- If running a 101" wheel base car, it must run a bone stock 305 from the carb to the oil pan. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Steel OEM V-8 Block only. NO GM BOWTIE, FORD SVO OR MOPAR W-2 BLOCKS, HEADS OR INTAKES ALLOWED.
- NO GM POWER PACK HEADS. NO DOUBLE HUMP HEADS. OEM only.
- Stroke must match block. NO 400 or larger cubic inch parts allowed.
- Maximum 361 c.i. for GMs, 363 c.i for Fords & 370 c.i. for Mopars.
- Must use OEM or OEM like pistons. Flat top pistons only.
- Stroke 3.48” for GMs and 3.5” for Fords & Mopars – Rod 5.75” GM, Ford & Mopar.
- TSS Approved OEM GM cylinder head. No Vortec head. No Ford after-market SVO heads. No Mopar after-market W-2 heads. 360 heads only. No aftermarket heads allowed. NONE.
- No 305 heads allowed on GM 350. 305 heads can only be on a 305 GM block.
- No headwork can be done on the heads. Only machine shop work will be flat milled only. No angle milling. No cutting heads for larger springs, valve guides or bosses.
- 190 intake valves. 150 exhaust valves. Must have four (4) valve reliefs.
- Open chamber heads only. Must pass 76 c.c. test. No close chamber heads allowed. NONE.
- No roller rocker arms. No roller tip rocker arms. Must use stock rocker ratio of 1.5” for GM. May use screw in studs.
- Cannot machine block, other than flat surface deck height. Piston cannot be higher than block. No zero piston deck height allowed.
- Intake must have unaltered OEM 4-barrel cast iron Quadra Jet manifold. No aluminum hi-rise, marine, or Vortec intakes. No porting polishing or alterations of any kind to head and/or intake.
- Aluminum water pump and crankshaft pulleys are OK.
- Camshaft lift not to exceed .450” at the valve on intake/exhaust. No tolerance. This is basically a stock profile camshaft. No pecial grinds are allowed. Hydraulic only. OEM ONLY. No bleed down lifters.
- Must pull 16” of vacuum at 1000 RPM after race.
ANY CAR THAT WINS FOUR (4) A FEATURES WILL BE REQUIRED TO REMOVE A HEAD FOR INSPECTION AT THE TRACKS DISCRETION. IF CAR IS FOUND TO BE ILLEGAL DRIVER WILL LOSE ANY MONEY EARNED FOR THAT NIGHT.
ALL RULES (OR INTERPRETATION THEREOF) WILL BE DETERMINED BY TRACK OFFICIALS. ALL TRACK OFFICIALS WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHECK YOUR CAR AT ANYTIME, FOR ANY REASON. ALL TRACK OFFICIALS’ DECISIONS ARE FINAL.
IF IT DOESN’T SAY YOU CAN’T DO IT - IT DOESN’T MEAN YOU CAN DO IT!
Competitive racing can result in injury and/or death to the participant. No expressed or implied warranty of safety shall result from publication of, or compliance with these rules and/or regulations. The rules and regulations are ONLY intended as guides for the conduct of the sport. They are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator, officials, or other.
© 2014 Tri-State Speedway